• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Save, export, Place items etc

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Monterey 12.5.1 and the most up to date CC and I am having ongoing issues with simple tasks.

I will be working as per normal and then out of nowhere can not use simple functions like 'Save, Save As, Place, Export' only solution is to quit out and start again, I ahve already had to do this 4 times this morning.

Any advice would be appreciated!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it happen on one file only or on different files?

If it happens on one file only, try to export it as idml. If not, try to reset preferences: quit InDesign and relaunch it while holding down the Shift, Ctrl and Alt keys [Windows], Shift, Ctrl, Alt and Cmd keys [Mac] until you see a warning message asking for confirmation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please try the suggestions shared above and if it still doesn't work, please share a few more details like:

1. The exact version of InDesign.
  2. Does this happen randomly or any specific action leads to this issue?
  3. Is this happening while saving the file locally on the Hard Drive or on any network location or network folder synched locally? 

We're here to help, just need more information.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

The issue is still persisting. See some more information below - 

1. Adobe Indesign version 17.4

2. Happens randomly at any time, could be working on a brand new file, could be working on a file that has been used previously and re-opened.

3. Happens regardless of where I am saving the file. I could be working off my hard drive or saving to Google Drive. makes no difference.

To offer more information. I will be working away, could be 10 minutes after I launch it, could be 4 days. I'll go to place an image, save as, save, or export and none of those actions have a reaction. The only way I can rectify is to quit without saving. If I havent saved it will pop up asking if I want to save, if I say yes, it will do noting. I am literally unable to do anything. If I continue working I cant place any images, I cant save etc.

To be clear on above advice. I can not export as any file type therefore idml is not an option. Reset did not rectify the problem.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines