• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't search the connected server from any Adobe products

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We seem to be having a really annoying issue with all Adobe products since switching our server recently. If I'm opening a file or inserting an image—I can manually search from folder to folder on our server but as soon as I do a search (in the top right), no results appear. I know the file is there, but the search does not pick it up. I can search my machine without issue, just runs into problems on the server. With thousands of files to search through on a regular basis, this little glitch is becoming quite time consuming. Any ideas? Thanks

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Physical server? Virtual server? Onsite or remote server? Cross-platform server? How are you "searching"? With Adobe Bridge? With a Windows/MacOS system search?

We need information from you to be able to help you. You've got to give us a lot more information before we can lend a hand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Onsite storage server that all machines in the office are connected to via ethernet and has never had any issues with info transfer before. Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign will react the same way, I will use InDesign as an example. If I am in InDesign and open a file—within that box I can search anywhere I want as long as I don't select the search magnifying glass. If I do the server goes blank. Same idea if I am placing an image with InDesign (just using InDesign), can't search the server. Bridge is the 1 program that I can still see images from the server if I do a search but it would save time if I could actually find things within the programs I am using. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need to talk with your IT folks about this.

If you've changed physical servers, you're linking to brand new locations. If you're, say, using a Mac system on your desktop to search a Windows-based network through SMB, where you didn't before, you're going to have all kinds of complications re-establishing links. If you in fact can re-establish links to those locations. What was your "old" server? What is your "new" server? Are you working on a Mac or Windows system? Is your new server a physical location or a virtual one? And if you're working on a Mac, are you connecting to an Apple server?

I'm not trying to put you off, honest. But there are many ways this can be a local (area network) problem rather than an Adobe problem. You can still be connected by Ethernet and be linking to virtual server/cloud storage. There's nowhere near enough information here for us to determine how you're connecting to your assets.

Your local IT folks can give you a lot of information about how you're connecting to your network assets and help you sleuth your issues than we can guessing by long distance. Right now, I don't know what more I can offer you.

Sorry,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Import and export

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines