• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't see user colors or names in Story Editor 'track changes'

Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When opening Story Editor in InDesign with Track Changes on my co-workers can see the individual name and colors assigned to the various team members who have edited the document.  When I open it, all I see is my own color and name though I didn't make the changes.  I am guessing there is a setting somewhere that I need to turn on, but I can't find it.  Again please not, my associates can all see the various names and colors, just not me.  suggestions???

Thanks,

Wendy

TOPICS
How to , InCopy workflow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure that you need no special setting to view what you're requesting. If you're making changes and you want your name to appear, you should enter it in File > User:

Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 11.36.07 AM.png

So it sounds like your system isn't working correctly. If this happens with all documents you might try restoring your preferences and caches following these instructions:

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks I will pass it on.  I am not having this problem, it is my co-worker.  He has his name set up...but ALL edits in his system with his color/name even though someone else made them. The rest of us see the actual editor and their color.  It is just him.  Thanks for the reset instructions.   We will try that. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines