• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't select "Spreads" from "Print Booklet" due to lack of installed printers

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create printer spreads with crops and bleeds for my InDesign document but since I don't have a printer installed, it just uses the default Postscript File PPD.  Trouble with this is that it does not allow for me to select "Spreads" from within the "Print Settings" dialog box (it's grayed out). 

Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 11.49.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 11.50.21 AM.png

If I don't select this, the preview LOOKS okay. But, the resulting PDF creates a file with individual pages rather than the printer spreads I am looking for.

Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 11.50.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 12.09.10 PM.png

How can I create the printer spreads document with bleeds and crops without having access to the "Spreads" feature to fix the issue?

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Hi @default5wig073opthn , Print Booklet automatically outputs spreads, so Print>General>Spreads is always grayed out. You’ll probably need to get the Adobe PDF 9.0 PPD in order to fully control postscript saving. You can get it here, follow the install instructions carefully:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/add-acrobat-ppd.html

Screen Shot 44.png

The Distilled .PS file in AcrobatPro:

Screen Shot 45.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are doing this? Imposition is a job for the printer. Send a proper PDF and let them do it.

If you really need to do this yourself, again, export a PDF and use Acrobat's booklet feature to print it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am doing it because I want to be able to provide this support to my client. I agree that imposition is typically the job of the printer, however, providing this type of file to my client will give them more flexibility for printers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @default5wig073opthn , Print Booklet automatically outputs spreads, so Print>General>Spreads is always grayed out. You’ll probably need to get the Adobe PDF 9.0 PPD in order to fully control postscript saving. You can get it here, follow the install instructions carefully:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/add-acrobat-ppd.html

Screen Shot 44.png

The Distilled .PS file in AcrobatPro:

Screen Shot 45.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That fixed it. Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines