• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't use ODIA language in Indesign properly.

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Facing problems in ODIA typing in indesign. Cant write properly. I am using Shree-Lipi. I was trying to type KALINGA (in Odia). See the attached image result. Please help me out with a start to end procedure.

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't read Oriya at all so I can only guess what is wrong here, but the first thing to do is to see which paragraph composer you're using, and to try setting the composer to the World-Ready Composer (assuming you're not already). 

1) Select Oriya text with the Text tool

2) Hold down Control + Alt + Shift and hit J

3) In the Justification dialog, look at the Composer setting: 

composers.png

You want to set it to the "World-Ready Composer" setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, not solving the issue. i am attaching another file to make you better clarify. hopefully you may understand. In the image I catagerozied Wrong Typo and Correct Typo. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the paragraph composer is properly set to World Ready then another thing that you can look at is the font ligatures, make sure the font applied does support ligatures and that they are turned on

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've read about Shree-Lipi many times, but I have never actually seen it in use.

It looks like you're trying to type three characters, but you're actually getting eight characters, right?

Does it type correctly in another app like MS Word? 

Is there a reason you can't use your OS keyboard? I typed this using the Odia keyboard built into Windows 10:

DramaticRecreation.gif

Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to type the third character correctly. Oops!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enable Indic language input by running the Indic Preferences.js script. From the menu bar choose Windows>Utilities>Scripts. In the Scipts window there is Indic Preferences.js under the application group - double click on it and you can now use all Indian languages, including Odia. (pl. see the screenshot)

It is best to compose in Unicode. The default Kalinga font in Windows 7 works fine. Google NOTO odia and  Lohit Odia are free unicode Odia fonts and work well too,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Facing problems in ODIA typing in indesign. Cant write properly. I am using Shree-Lipi. I was trying to type KALINGA (in Odia). See the attached image result. Please help me out with a start to end procedure.

By @Deepak5CFE

Problem - See InD1 (Text was not aligned properly)
Solution - See InD2 (After changing the composer in justification)

The *Justification Tool is really helpful.

Shortcut Key - Ctrl + Alt + Shift and hit J

It has reduce all my minor errors, cause it was not the Language (font) or Indic Language Input Tool error it was justification and text-alignment I believe, and due to that there were some grammatical error too. However this Justification Tool shortcut posted by @Joel Cherney  worked like magic and all my errors are solved.

Thank you Adobe Support Community🙏.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines