Exit

can't write into my text block made by template

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

Sorry for my rude english I'm french.

For a book, I need to put a similar text block running through pages.

But if I create a dedicated template for those pages in which I put that block, I can't write anything in my pages into that block or can't paste text directlty.

I really don't understand why?

Thanks for your help

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Also note if using the latest version of InDesign you may want to read this thread.
https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/where-has-quot-override-master-page-items-quot-gone/td-p/13329578

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take it your saying you have made some Master / Parent pages and applyed thouse throughout your document.
In the document you can not editing the frames you wish to add text too?

You need to make the frames you wish to edit local to the page they are on, to do this hold Command+Shift keys (macOS) or Ctrl+Shift keys (Windows) and click the frame toy wish to be local (instanced).

OR

Right click the page in the Pages Pannel and select Override all Parent Page Items.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also note if using the latest version of InDesign you may want to read this thread.
https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/where-has-quot-override-master-page-items-quot-g...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. It works now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines