• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you embed a separate pdf into Indesign and open it after exporting to PDF?

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I would like to ask the following if possible. We have a client that wants a separate pdf document, embedded in a main pdf document and opens when you click it. Like the function in MS Word where you can attach another Word document inside a Word document (Word-ception, lol) and you can still open it.

I've tried it in Acrobat Pro with the Attachment and Link tools. Another option was to put the link document in an ftp server for accessibility. but our client really wants this functionality. Is this possible in Indesign?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Feature request , Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOu can't do it directly from InDesign.

But you can attach the PDF as an attachment in Acrobat after you have exported the file from InDesign.

In Acrobat

Add an attachment
  1. Choose Tools > Edit PDF > More > Attach File.
  2. In the Add Files dialog box, select the file you want to attach, and click Open. ...
  3. To make the attachment viewable in Acrobat 5.0 or earlier, do one of the following: ...
  4. Save the PDF.

It might be possible to script it - but I don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I did that in Acrobat. I was just wondering if there is another way in Indesign.

I was also thinking of a script but I am not sure and can't seem to find one...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Might be best to start a new thread and tag it scripting or something so that Scripting members of the forum see it as a request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines