• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot add data to "unknown document"

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to open an inDesign document and the error message: Cannot add data to "unknown document" appeared. What does this mean and what do I do? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can happen if trying to open an InDesign document in a different version than it was originally created in. 

If the file is on a server, download it to your desktop and try opening it. Make sure that the file has the proper InDesign file extension.

If that doesn't work, Markzware has a recovery service which may work for you. https://markzware.com/products/file-recovery-service/

Otherwise, you may need to rebuild the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. I had the same problem on ID 2021. I was about to give up when I tried to open the file as a copy. With that, the program looks for another recent backup file and opens.

Open a File> Normal, Original, Copy

In the selection box choose copy

Hug from Brazil

5391Xa02_0-1631538657848.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines