Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot create new file on InDesign or access preferences

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, 

I have tried everything to fix the "bug" with the 'create new' button on InDesign. I have deleted my preferences, I have renamed the library files, but for some reason I cannot go in to my preferences to enable the legacy dialogue for a new document. 

My preferences are completely greyed out, as attached in the screenshot. I have even force quit the app, uninstalled InDesign, shut off my computer, logged back in to redownload and still nothing. 

I am running InDesign 16.1 and am on macOS Catalina. Someone please help 😞

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you reset your InDesign preferences effectively, I suggest you unistall InDesign using the InDesign drop-down menu in the Creative Cloud app and reinstall it again. If that doesn't work use the Adobe Cleaner tool to remove InDesign before reinstalling.

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FWIW: I also answered in this other thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/quot-create-new-quot-or-quot-more-presets-quot-not-working/t...

But it's good that Derek linked to the CC Cleaner Tool for Adobe Creative Cloud.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines