• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot create new paragraph style

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings. Admittedly I am a newby, but I have gone through the "create a new paragraph or character tyle" tutorial, stroke for stroke, and I can't seem to create a new style with the steps. If I click "create new style" either before or after I select the paragraph and make the edits, it still defaults back to a different style ... the one I am trying to escape. When I go the the "manager" dialog, there is no "+" after the basic, but there is one after the title of the new style I am trying to create. Further, I deleted all styles except "basic" and still can't make it work.

TOPICS
Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A newly created style isn't automatically applied when creating it while text is selected. So after you made your new style you simply click in the styles pane to apply it to the currently selected text. 

Next, styles are by default created based on what's currently selected, if there is something selected.That means, the new style changes when the selected text isn't applied the new style but you make modifications. So it's best to put that "Based on" to no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A style is not automatically applied by default, but there is an option in the paragraph style setup that will apply it. Put a check mark next to Apply Style to Selection to make this happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines