Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Cannot edit a locked text frame.

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an entire book that somehow the text has been locked. I can move the frames but I cannot edit the text within the frames. The text is NOT in a master frame. I spent three hours with an Adobe expert, including screen sharing. In the end, I uploaded the file to Adobe but have heard nothing. I don't know what happened but this is a 300+ page book. I'm at a real loss and apparently so are the Adobe experts. A page snapshot is included. HELP!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an InCopy story. And whoever you were talking to is no expert if they didn't know that.

You should see a tool tip when hovering over the frame. If you're not using InCopy, go to the Assignments panel and just delete the InCopy stories.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, there are links to the InCopy story. By deleting the links it freed up the text. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines