• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot edited in panel page

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have downloaded a templet, and I cannot edit everything the pages in panel page, of course i understand i can edit everything in Master page. 

In this case, i can just edit the contend , but not the title, how can i fix it ? ( how does it get it done?)

thanks 

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

@Saša Flamboyant 

Command+Shift+Click is the shortcut lift an object from the Parent page and put it on the Document page as an override. Overrides can be removed using the Pages panel.

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/master-pages.html

"like what i typed in master (sic) page"

It's not clear what you typed on the parent page. It should be used for things you want to appear on every page using that Parent page, such as headers and footers for example.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Saša Flamboyant 

The template is using Text Variables. Details here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/text-variables.html

Can you go to Type > Text Variables and let us see the definitions for these two variables?

312A88F1-BF84-4DBE-B118-17EB71A1C148.jpeg

They will be looking for text formatted with either Paragraph styles or Character style. Either the definition is wrong or (more likely) your text is not using the style it is calling for.

Also: the pink highlighting means the template is using a typeface you don't have.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i randonly tried to press " command and shift " together and they are able to edit, funny , interesting , i dont know if i also work in another cases , like what i typed in master page and just a bit of changes in the pages , by pressing command shift tho. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Saša Flamboyant 

Command+Shift+Click is the shortcut lift an object from the Parent page and put it on the Document page as an override. Overrides can be removed using the Pages panel.

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/master-pages.html

"like what i typed in master (sic) page"

It's not clear what you typed on the parent page. It should be used for things you want to appear on every page using that Parent page, such as headers and footers for example.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome @Saša Flamboyant !

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines