• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot find my endnotes - Endnote text is either hidden or locked

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have placed a Word document with 71 footnotes into InDesign, but I want to have them as endnotes and not footnotes. The footnotes appeared correctly when I placed the document, and I "successfully" converted them to endnotes (the references are still in place), but I cannot see the endnote text anywhere. When I right click on an endnote reference and choose “Go to Endnote Text”, I get the message that the endnote text is either hidden or locked.

If you are familiar with this feature in InDesign, can you help me find my endnotes and make them appear? Thank you!

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Solved! I figured out that I had to change "Document" to "Story" in the Document Endnote Options. Phew.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved! I figured out that I had to change "Document" to "Story" in the Document Endnote Options. Phew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. Did you exerience any InDesign crashes while doing this?

I have the same issue: If I convert Footnotes to Endnotes they disappear — not to be found at the end of the story or end of the document, but it says the conversion was successful. The settings are for Document; however, when I switch to "Story" InDesign just constantly crashes.

Can't solve it ...

Any ideas? It's super frustrating ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines