• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot handle the request because a modal dialog or alert is active...

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 5.43.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 5.43.51 PM.png

Every time I open up InDesign this pops up on my laptop. It started happening after I installed the new InDesign 2023 version (which says it works for my computer. I even tried opening files with the 2020 version. I've forced quit the software, uninstalled and reinstalled InDesign, cleared out the preferences, and restarted my computer, but nothing seems to work. If anyone else has any suggestions please help!

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The dialog that causes the this alert is right there on your screeshot: the big one saying Quit InDesign... Now the real question is why it crashes and has encountered the error...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, they both pop up every time I open InDesign. The error message pop-up doesn't tell me what it could be and it won't even let me report the error to Adobe. It literally just force quits the entire app when I click "Quit InDesign." I'm at a loss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines