Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot move anything within indesign.

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I'm not sure if I've done something to my indesign (still new and studying at uni), but I'm unable to move anything at all on my page in indesign. If I create a text box, shape, line, anything at all, I cannot click and drag it. I can move it with the arrow keys, and I can still resize with my mouse.

Yesterday I had the issue that I could not move pages in my pages panel. As in I cannot click and drag a page to move it. I gave up and closed my computer down so I'm not sure if the moving shapes is the same issue as the moving pages as I cannot do either.

I have updated and re-installed Indesign thinking it was perhaps a glitch. And I've reset all preferences upon start up. Nothing has worked.

Any help!?

Cheers, Sam

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Hi Diane,

Thanks for your help. I was using the selection tool.

After making my post I actually re-started and updated my computer. This seems to have fixed the issue!! I just wish I thought to do that earlier instead of playing around with it for 2 days!

Thanks,

Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of things regarding moving shapes. Confirm you are using the Selection Tool (the top arrow). When you draw a frame, let's say a rectangular graphic frame, then you switch to the Selection Tool and mouse over the recatangle, your cursor should have a black dot underneath it. When you click the rectangle, is it selected? When selected, the cursor should have a small frame under it. Similar behavior should occur when you draw a line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Diane,

Thanks for your help. I was using the selection tool.

After making my post I actually re-started and updated my computer. This seems to have fixed the issue!! I just wish I thought to do that earlier instead of playing around with it for 2 days!

Thanks,

Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I hate when that happens. 😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines