Exit

CANNOT MOVE OBJECTS IN INDESIGN v 16.1 / 18.1

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe support,

I cannot move objects with mouse in Indesign version 16.1 / 18.1. windows 10

Both Indesign versions are not working.....

looked like objects are locked, but they are not.....

I can move only with arrow keys....

Application restart didn´t helped.....

Computer restart didn´t helped.....

How is it possible....such a trivial thing.... I´m paying for the software every month, but it looks I´m paying myself as backend adobe tester....what a great business ! Customer pays themselves for the time spended on forums to find solution....

Thank You

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Does the mouse drag correctly in other applications? If it is only InDesign, you might need to reset preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us a screen shoot of the layer panel with all items expanded from the problematic spread.

Did you look if the used object style has a fixed position? Several settings are possible and look into anchored objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for reply,

nothing locked.....

no anchored objects...

the video I posted, process is: new clean document, draw rectangle, cannot move with mouse.....

looks like a indesign bug, not locking feature of the program. In the new document there are not any locked presets....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot here...no locked layers

Tom27874107lp1z_0-1673356418959.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the mouse drag correctly in other applications? If it is only InDesign, you might need to reset preferences.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for Your reply !

It started working, still don´t know where the mistake was, deleted preferences and PC restart seemed that it helped. It started to work. Really unstable releases from Adobe ! I couldn´t do anything with that, I didn´t have enough time to fix it, so I have to switch to Ilustrator... because of deadline.... Great times with CS6 - working like charm still, instead of it we become part of adobe backend testers, whose are paid themselves for time to solving adobe bugs. This is not for the first time that I have lost my trust to adobe, few monts ago in Adobe XD zoom and hand tools stopped working....basic tools...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was probably deleting your preferences and caches. That's the first thing I would think of doing: Reset everythiing back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines