• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot open *.p65 file(s) in Adobe InDesign (version 17.2 x64)

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot open *.p65 file(s) in Adobe InDesign (version 17.2 x64) that's installed on Windows 10. Any suggestions on how to open *.P65 File in InDesign, Any Plug-in Required? Also, How to convert *.P65 File into a PDF file?

.P65 is an older version of Page Maker, which seems to be replaced by InDesign. Yesterday, I installed Indesign but sadly, I cannot open that file.

Kindly suggest. Thank you in advance

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

You need InDesign CS6 or earlier to open P65 files. Even if you can find someone to do it, the results could be less than satisfactory.

There are folks in this group that still have CS6 so be patient and someone may be able to convert a file for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need InDesign CS6 or earlier to open P65 files. Even if you can find someone to do it, the results could be less than satisfactory.

There are folks in this group that still have CS6 so be patient and someone may be able to convert a file for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You Bob,

I'm trying to find the older version of InDesign CS6 to install and try.

Can it co-exist with InDesign Latest Version (mentioned previously)?

Thank You in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, would it be possible to suggest that how can I convert P65 files to PDF?

With or Without InDesign (latest version or CS6).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want a PDF true to the original PM file you'll need to open it in Pagemaker. And for that, I wish you luck.

I'm sure someone is still running it somewhere but I wouldn't count on it from anyone frequenting these forums.

As for running CS6 on a Windows 10, well that's a bit of a hit or miss situation. Some folks are doing it without issue and some, not so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a file or two you need converted, I can do that for you, or I can even just make you a PDF of your current file, with the caveat that all linked files need to be supplied, etc.

Alternatively, if you want to give it a go, download and install the CS6* trial version from prodesigntools.com (assuming your system will install it... CS6 on Win10 is problematic, but possible). This will give you the trial period which should give you enough time to convert as many files as you want and get them into ID v17. Of coursse, you can only run the trial period once. Theoretically it is POSSIBLE to activate CS6 under your current CC subscription, but you might have to contact Adobe and you are at the mercy of getting the right person who knows what they're doing.

Send me a PM if you'd like me to take a look at it.

~ Brad

*it can even be a lower version if you have a computer around that can still run it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brad,

Could you help me with converting five p65 files into a pdf? I thought Adobe ID would help, but no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Suman33024357jv0c : I have sent you a DM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brad,

Could you help me with converting one p65 file into a pdf? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. Send me a DM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Brad Can you help me with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can do. check your DMs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brad, 

I've got one .p65 file I need converted to .indd or even a .pdf.  Would you be able to help me with that? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure! send me a DM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines