• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot package file for printing while files "are locked"

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indesign won't package my book, saying "Cannot save a copy of "FileName" and then "FileName" is locked and cannot be added to book file!"

I did nothing since last packaging, but noticed once, when I was saving files (or the entire book?) some message related to "cloud document" appeared - I didn't pay attention, but maybe I pushed some button wrong occasionally...

How can I correct it? PDF file is being generated without problems, only Packaging for print doesn't work.

Thanks in advance for your help

TOPICS
How to , Performance , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Of course I checked it, they are still on my local drive. But I think I have found the reason - there was simply not enough space on the local drive to copy files to the package. Once I freed some disk space, the problem disappeared. Anyway, thanks for your answer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What might happen if you made sure all your documents were stored locally on your hard drive instead of on the cloud?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Of course I checked it, they are still on my local drive. But I think I have found the reason - there was simply not enough space on the local drive to copy files to the package. Once I freed some disk space, the problem disappeared. Anyway, thanks for your answer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines