Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant Select objects

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! In need of some help.

I received a design template from a designer for a series of a events, and just change the colors for each one.

The background is a rectangle (that i want to change color of) and a pattern of circles on top. For some reason i am unable to select the rectangle or circles. Nothing is locked... anyone know why this would happen

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Risa5C95:

It could be on a master page, it could be locked but the padlock isn't visible to you, or it could be that they put it on a layer that is locked. 

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-i-cant-select-a-frame/

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I would like to know if the suggestion shared on the third-party link shared by @Barb Binder helped you? If not, you may check out this third-party YouTube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfH9wOpUnKY). If this doesn't help either, I will request you to please share a few more details like:

• OS & version of InDesign
  • Screenshot of the layer panel, including the objects you are unable to select and edit their colors.

Also, would it be possible for you to share that template with us? We can check at our end.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines