• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC and IND will not runaaa

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Imac, 12.3..CC and IND will not run.. Spinning Beach Ball of Death each time...Have uninstalled and reinstalled and same..help please. Need to update my manual for my workshops

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for your experience, but we need a bunch more information from you to be able to help.

You say you're working with an iMac. What model iMac? Intel or Silicon M1 processor? How much RAM? You say 12.3 — I assume that's your MacOS version? Did you just update to the latest version of Monterey? Did InDesign and Creative Cloud work before you did the upgrade? What version(s) of Creative Cloud and InDesign are you using? Do other Creative Cloud apps have the same issues? Do other programs on your system have the same issues?

Most importantly, do you have a backup of your previous OS install before you did the upgrade?

We're happy to help as we can, but we're going to need a lot more information before we can help you.

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What model iMac? iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020),

3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

MacOS Monterey ver 12.3

IND and CC both worked before this latest upgrade.

Have no other CC apps.

No other programs with this issue. 

Downloaded lastest version of IND and CC from my Adobe account.  Still hangs up

Yes I have current backups. I do daily backups to ext disc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cool. So, hopefully, the immediate good news is that you can roll back and get back where you were before the upgrade and the damage. That makes this more an irritant than a crisis. A real miserable irritant, of course, but nothing that can't be overcome.

While I haven't heard about many issues with CC and InDesign specifically over the latest MacOS Monterey upgrade, there have been several rude surprises that have come from the upgrade. It's cold comfort that at least you haven't experienced the worst of them (bricked systems, UI lags, etc.) but even if you don't have a complete OS backup, it's not insurmountable.

You can find more information on Monterey 12.3 update issues and how to rollback your OS install here:

https://www.gottabemobile.com/5-things-to-know-about-the-macos-monterey-12-3-update/#macOS-Monterey-...

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines