• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Libraries asset names change

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I upload an asset into creative cloud from Illustrator, the asset name uploads as Artwork 1, despite the file name. I can rename the asset in the CC Library and that name will appear in the library correctly.

When I use the same asset in InDesign, the link in my InDesign file says Artwork 1 again. Multiple assets that are completely different now all have the Artwork 1 file name. How do I fix this? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this a few weeks back - there was an update to some adobe apps and it fixed itself once i updated. Prior to the update I found that it only happened when both indeisgn and illustrator were opened together. If i did everything in illustrator and saved the asset into the library AND THEN opened indesign it was ok...
Please try and let me know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ian, thanks so much for the response. It sounded very promising but unfortunately didn't work. I made sure that my OS and Adobe apps were up-to-date. Restarted. Worked only in Illustrator, then moved to InDesign, but still no luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just figured this out! In Illustrator, drag your asset to a new document and click the "Edit Original" button. There you can rename the layer in the Layers window. Once you save, it should update the name. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running into this problem too. CCLibrary the ai file is called "Piano" but when I place it into Indesign it's called "artwork 63.ai" I tried what you suggest here and it somehow didn't work for me.  I'd love to solve this problem.  Hopefully Adobe catches on and solves this little glitch in their programming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Teresa5EB2 @irenesmid @meganf44154656,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. I would request you to please share a few more details like:

• Operating System (macOS/ Windows 10 or 11)
  • The exact version of InDesign and Illustrator
  • Screenshot of the issue. It would be really helpful.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I discovered a workaround, as I have been experiencing this problem intermittently for years now with seemingly no solve from Adobe. 

- Drag and drop or add your asset to the library.

- Name the asset within the library.

- Duplicate the asset within the library.

- Delete the original.

This seems to work for me when I drag library items in to after effects. It's been such a pain over the years having to name everything twice (once in illustrator, and again renaming it in After effects), but this workaround is slightly less annoying. I miss when libraries used to work great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the steps & detailed info about the issue. We were able to replicate the issue, and we have logged a bug for this. I would request you to please be patient and stay tuned for updates.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it seems to be arbitrary, it allows me to rename some times but not others. Is there a resolution yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replying to my own message.

I noticed when you double click the item in cc library make any edit and save seems to stick. I just locked and unlocked layers (no real changes)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anshul_Saini, 
I am working with InDesign v18.1. 
I have many screencaptures in a folder. Those images are pulled into InDesign. I was looking into using the CC Library. However, trying to add an image from within InDesign, it also uses the name Artwork 1, 2, etc. 

Will the bug fix address this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue--links in the links panel that have been placed from CC Library do not show the file names that I have used in CC Library.  I couldn't find an active bug report to add my vote to in the Bugs reporting page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue between Illustrator 28 and InDesign 19.01

Has this been resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines