Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

CC Libraries asset names change

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I upload an asset into creative cloud from Illustrator, the asset name uploads as Artwork 1, despite the file name. I can rename the asset in the CC Library and that name will appear in the library correctly.

When I use the same asset in InDesign, the link in my InDesign file says Artwork 1 again. Multiple assets that are completely different now all have the Artwork 1 file name. How do I fix this? 

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets, Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this a few weeks back - there was an update to some adobe apps and it fixed itself once i updated. Prior to the update I found that it only happened when both indeisgn and illustrator were opened together. If i did everything in illustrator and saved the asset into the library AND THEN opened indesign it was ok...
Please try and let me know

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ian, thanks so much for the response. It sounded very promising but unfortunately didn't work. I made sure that my OS and Adobe apps were up-to-date. Restarted. Worked only in Illustrator, then moved to InDesign, but still no luck. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines