CC Libraries created in Indesign not responsive in other Adobe programs

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a library using Indesign, it has different folders containing paragraph styles, graphic assets, colors, and logos.
When I open photoshop, illustrator, and premiere pro I can see the library I created in Indesign, but *SOME* assets in the library are unresponsive when I click on them, it depends on the program. 
  • When in Photoshop, I cannot apply any (unresponsive when I click) paragraph styles to any of the text in my documents, BUT I can use the rest of the assets of the library correctly.
  • When in Illustrator, I can apply all paragraph styles and use logos and graphic assets, BUT I can only use 2 of the colors of the library, the rest of the colors are unresponsive when I click on them.
  • When in Premiere pro, I can use the logos ONLY. The paragraph styles, graphic assets, and Colors are unresponsive when I click on them.
The solution proposed by the Adobe team:
  • Create a new Character style in Photoshop
  • Create a new color swatch in Illustrator
  • Add them both to the CC library I created in Indesign (where the logos and graphic assets live)
I followed these steps, and the problem continues.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Photoshop and Illustrator paragraph and character styles are quite basic. 

InDesign has a lot more features. 

Probably why the character and paragraph styles don't work - they have different features than that are available in Photoshop and Illustrator - so they're not compatible. 

Probably same with colour swatches. InDesign can have mixed swatches and colour modes. Illustrator and Photoshop cannot.

That is your Illustrator file is either CMYK or RGB - same with Photoshop.

Where InDesign al

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop and Illustrator paragraph and character styles are quite basic. 

InDesign has a lot more features. 

Probably why the character and paragraph styles don't work - they have different features than that are available in Photoshop and Illustrator - so they're not compatible. 

Probably same with colour swatches. InDesign can have mixed swatches and colour modes. Illustrator and Photoshop cannot.

That is your Illustrator file is either CMYK or RGB - same with Photoshop.

Where InDesign allows multiple colour spaces in the same file. 

Just hazarding a guess. But that's my logic here at the moment. I'm sure there's more to it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines