Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

CC Libraries freeze in InDesign

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been running into this problem for about a month now. Occassionaly when I am using InDesign I notice that my CC Libraries freezes. I will initially be able to use my libraries and place items, but eventually it freezes and looks as though the whole CC Libraries is a blurry jpg image (see attached photo) instead of the normal looking CC Libraries side panel. This issue seems to arrise in InDesign when I left click a placed object from my CC Libraries to edit original in Illustrator. Once I save the original file in Illustrator to update it in InDesign, and then go back to InDesign, then my CC Libraries in InDesign are frozen as I described above. The only way I have found to fix the issue is to save my work, completely exit InDesign, and then reopen the application.  I am working from a 2015 Macbook Pro running MacOS Catalina, if that's helpful.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021
I don't use CC libraries for philosophical reasons, but soince this seemingly responds to restarting ID, try resetting the prefs: Reset InDesign Preferences and Other Troubleshooting 

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure this isn't a network (internet connectivity) issue?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am certain it is not an internet issue. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't use CC libraries for philosophical reasons, but soince this seemingly responds to restarting ID, try resetting the prefs: Reset InDesign Preferences and Other Troubleshooting 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines