Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC2022 officially released?

Participant ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am unable to ascertain if CC2022 (InDesign 17) is officially GA'ed or not. For a start, I don't see the CEP table reference InDesign 17 (it is only upto 16.3), and hence I think it is not yet GA'ed. If that's correct, do we have a tentative timeline about the official release?

Also, will CC2022 be supporting Monterey?

Thanks,

TOPICS
How to , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

It is officially released, but not sure if it's ready for all systems. I've been seeing a lot of problems on the forums with the latest Mac OS and with the Mac M1 chip. If using either of those items, I would wait a while.

(I've had not problems on my Windows systems.)

I'm sure you know this, but for others...

I would change my CC app preferences so it won't remove old versions and make sure one works on copies of files. That way, I can always play with the new version but jump back to the pre

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here, in France, my users started seeing ID2022 available for installation, on October 27.

Very best regards,

Olivier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is officially released, but not sure if it's ready for all systems. I've been seeing a lot of problems on the forums with the latest Mac OS and with the Mac M1 chip. If using either of those items, I would wait a while.

(I've had not problems on my Windows systems.)

I'm sure you know this, but for others...

I would change my CC app preferences so it won't remove old versions and make sure one works on copies of files. That way, I can always play with the new version but jump back to the previous version and original file for actual work. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent advice from @Creamer Training.

I switched to primarily Windows workstations for 2 reasons:

1. Better, more stable software from Adobe. (I really got tired of crashing 1-2 times a day on my super-Macs.)

2. Ability to use a full-size touch screen computer, like a SurfacePro or Dell Inspiron or XPS.

I'm never EVER going back to a non-touch screen computer. I'm amazed at what I can do in Illustrator and Photoshop on a full computer with a touch screen...while lounging on the sofa because they work like tablets, too.

Software is the same on both platforms. And my money can buy a bigger, faster computer for Windows than for Mac.

Nope, this former Apple dealer and Apple devotee is never going back!

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also always pushed Windows on my pre-press clients. As Bevi mentions, you get much better HW specs for the same budget.

Also Windows is wildly backwards compatible. It seems that all my MacOS clients are in a state of pandemonium anytime the MacOS moves to a different beach or skip resort and increase the build number by 0.01 and render half their installed software unuseable. Meanwhile, on my Windows 10 workstation, I am able to support clients using 20 year-old software (like QuarkXPress 5.0).

Olivier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just playing around on the Apple and Dell websites, spec'ing out a couple of units. (I tried to make them somewhat compatible, but there is a difference between the Mac M1 Pro/Max chip and the i9 that I did not research.)

Basic setup was 64 GB RAM and 2 TB SSD. 

Apple was around $4000; Dell was around $3600--so not that much difference on the high end. (This is something that has been true for years when comparing systems with the same specs. Apple tends not to make low-end machines.)

The benefit of Dell was the touch screen, which if I dropped, would have saved $400, and the warranty. Dell offers up to 4-year coverage and also offers accidental damage coverage. AppleCare has gotten better but not that much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, as a Mac user since 1985 and an Authorized Apple Consultant from 1990-2011, I have to agree. I have a Dell XPS for onsite training and a Microsoft Surface for day-to-day browsing & email. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also only use the Windows version and have had no problems with 2022. In fact, for long very complex scripts containing hundreds of pages being pulled in from dozens of single INDD files, that last 5-10 minutes, I have found it to run faster than 2020 or 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you everyone for confirming. I still don't understand what is the CEP version that CC2022 supports. Our plugins depend on CEP extension and the CEP table has mention only upto 16.3 and no mention of 17.0 yet.

Am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines