Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CEP extension in InDesign CC2022

Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Does anyone have any information about CEP in InDesign CC2022 ?
It isn't mentionned here : https://github.com/Adobe-CEP/CEP-Resources/blob/master/CEP_11.x/Documentation/CEP%2011.1%20HTML%20Ex...

What versions of CEP, CEF and so on are used ?
Is there any migration guide anywhere ?

Does anyone have already done this ? Any help or points to pay attention to ?

Thanks in advance
Regards

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

I have ported some of my extensions to CC2022. Nothing special was needed to be done, just updating the host version in the manifest worked fine. You can use CSXS version has 11 if you have issues and it should work fine.

Give your existing extension a spin with these changes and see if it loads or not.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have ported some of my extensions to CC2022. Nothing special was needed to be done, just updating the host version in the manifest worked fine. You can use CSXS version has 11 if you have issues and it should work fine.

Give your existing extension a spin with these changes and see if it loads or not.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am facing error for the extension in InD17 and the extension does not load. Here's the log which indicates an issue with signing. The extension however loads succesfully using InD16. I am using ZXPSignCMD version 4.1.103 for signing the extension. The only difference between InD16 and InD17 extension is the manifest file which indicates version as [17.0, 17.9]

Any advice here please on how to troubleshoot / resolve the issue.

asaxena_0-1648105865786.png

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A point I missed above is that I build the extension on Windows and use it on both Windows and Mac. The signature verification issue is observed on Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you ship the signed bundle from Win to MAC? Try signing the the extension in a zip file and transfer the zipped file. Maybe some OS related files like .DS_STORE are added on transferring as a folder.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I build the extension (npm run build ....) on windows machine which gives the webpack in a directory. This directory becomes the input argument to zxpsigncmd as per the usage instructions of the signing tool

asaxena_0-1648193568620.png

The resulting zxp is then renamed to .zip and then transferred to Mac and extracted in the /Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions/MyExtension folder

I tried signing the zip of the above directory created by npm build, but that appears to do nothing.

Am I missing something here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your workflow seems ok. Do you see the same issue with all extensions? If yes then maybe you could create a sample signed zip for us and we could try investigating it.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

After a lot of investigation, this issue appears to be related to renaming the .zxp as .zip and extracting the contents and manually creating the extension folder. Surprisingly, this worked until CC2021 but no longer.

It appears that the right way is to use either exmancmd or upia tool as outlined here which I didn't know. Using either of those tools did not throw the error. I have some more follow up questions and I am going to create a new thread for the same.

Thanks for help,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's the new thread for reference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding CEP, I couldn't experience any noticeable difference between the 2022 and 2021 version of both InDesign and Illustrator so far. Neither in the development nor in the use of a CEP plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines