• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Certain documents will only print in greyscale, although it is a colour document

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a few documents that if I print through InDesign I always end up with a greyscale print. These documents do print in colour if I save them as PDF's first and then print. This doesn't happen to all of my indesign documents, just a small handful, so I presume it's document specific settings or potentially be images/graphics placed in the document overriding the colour output? Printing from other machines or with different users gives the same results. 

My Printer output settings are as follows:

Printeroutput.png

Colour management settings:

PrinterColourmanagement.png

My colour settings/profiles are as follows:

Assignprofiles.png

Coloursettings.png

Converttoprofile.png

I'm unsure if I'm missing something completely obvious.

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

I would double-check in the Print Dialog Box whether there is a grayscale switch checked on.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would double-check in the Print Dialog Box whether there is a grayscale switch checked on.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Mike. I cannot see anywhere in the Print dialog, Printer or page set-up that mentions greyscale/black & white setting or checkbox. I have also double checked the document set up, no dice unfortunately.

I'm running InDesign version 18.2.1 on a Mac OS Ventura 13.2.1 if that helps at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Mike in that it's a setting in your Print Driver under Settings > Printer Features, Color Mode, Quality or something similar. Check there first. Check Color Matching as well. Ideally, you want it to be set to "Printer"

Also, make sure you are using a driver compatible with Ventura. According to their website that would be v3.1.3.

If you upgraded to Ventura overtop an existing driver install, it may still function, but may be hobbled in some way.

Screen Shot 2023-04-21 at 10.09.02 AM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mike, Thanks for your reply. This was the winner! Although my printer settings appeared differently, it was under Printer>Printer Options>Colour Matching, there I could change the setting from Colorsync to In Printer.

Screenshot 2023-04-24 at 08.50.36.png

Screenshot 2023-04-24 at 08.50.56.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines