• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

certain letters on font are not even

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue with indesign sometimes where if I change the font, the letters almost seem to be different sizes/somewhat wavy. Does anyone know why this may be the case? The first photo on the shows the "waviness" (the "t" in further, updated, it, etc.). The second photo is how it should look correctly. Font is P22 Mackinac Pro Book, but I have had this happen with other fonts as well. Thank you!

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Hi amelia5E27,

you should see a correct result if you zoom in or if you set your monitor to a higher resolution.

If you are on Mac OS you could try to turn off GPU support in InDesign's preferences.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

This looks like normal behaviour to me when trying to render small type on a typical resolution monitor. Even with anti-aliasing on (and this even shows in your screen grab) you sometimes only have one pixel to represent, say, a cross stroke on a "t" so it tends to fall where it can be best seen. As said, if it still appears after zooming in, where you have more screen pixels to render the letter, THEN you've got a problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi amelia5E27,

you should see a correct result if you zoom in or if you set your monitor to a higher resolution.

If you are on Mac OS you could try to turn off GPU support in InDesign's preferences.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you! I am seeing that now. Thanks for helping us beginners out there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like normal behaviour to me when trying to render small type on a typical resolution monitor. Even with anti-aliasing on (and this even shows in your screen grab) you sometimes only have one pixel to represent, say, a cross stroke on a "t" so it tends to fall where it can be best seen. As said, if it still appears after zooming in, where you have more screen pixels to render the letter, THEN you've got a problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is definitely the case. Thanks so much for helping us beginners out there!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines