• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change color throughout document

Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is there a way to change a color throughout a document? I'm looking for something like paragraph styles, but for swatches. Or do swatches need to be manually updated per page? 

Thanks! 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to Paragraph and Character styles, where you can assign a colour to a font, you can use Object styles for things like shapes. Any changes to characteristics of any style, such as a colour are changed automatically throughout the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I don't really understand how this works but I'll look into it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a number of tutorials available, such as this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VAPjl3Cw-nI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I guess I don't understand how this would save time if I have a document with multiple objects, shapes, and colors. It seems like it would be time-consuming to set up rules around object styles when there's so many exceptions to the rule. I'll have to learn more about it. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your swatches are document wide. Not done per page.

If you want a different swatch for something - then you need to create a new Swatch - and apply that Swatch colour per page.

You can delete a swatch - and if it's used elsewhere it will ask you if you want to use another swatch in it's place.

When you select a different swatch colour - all colours will be replaced with your selected swatch, across the entire documnet.

But this could have undesirable results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit > Find/Change > Color

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Swatch colors are global, just like paragraph styles. I name colors by their usage, so rather than something like orange, I’ll use Aheads, then I can globally change all of the heads with the Aheads swatch applied via the Swatch Options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines