• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change default Indesign file type

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - a few months ago I exported an InDesign file as a PNG and since then, the file type will always default to PNG for that particular template (not the case for others). I always need to export it as JPEG not PNG for these particular designs. I can't find any way to change the default export setting. I know I can change it in the drop down, I just wish it would default to JPEG, the file type I use 20 times a day...is there any way to fix this?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typically for a given (.indd) file, the last-chosen export format "sticks" and returns on subsequent Export dialog calls.

I'd try resetting preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not so sure John's answer is going to work. I think you may need to export to .idml and resave the template to get rid of the save info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The stickiness of Exports came up the other day here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/how-to-make-print-pdf-the-default-when-exporting...

A JPEG Export dialog can also be scripted. This could be assigned a key command:

var f = Folder.selectDialog("Save JPEG");
if (f != null) {
	var n = app.activeDocument.name.replace(/\.[^\.]+$/, '');
    app.activeDocument.exportFile(ExportFormat.JPG, File(f + "/" + n + ".jpg"), true)
} 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines