Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change something in A-Parent pages

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is it possible after makeing 20 Pages A-Parent could I change 2 or 3 pages in A-Master to say something else different than the other A-Parent Pages? Do I have to make a B-Parent for those 2 pages that I want something differet on it?

Thanks 

TOPICS
How to , Print , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can rename any of your master/parent pages with any label you'd like. Examples:

• Covers
  • Opening page
  • 2-columns
  • 3-columns
  • Order page

I recommend keeping the A, B, C prefixes because they are very helpful when "A" appears on the thumbnails in the pages panel. You can quickly see which master/parent is applied to each thumbnail. So my examples become:

• A- Covers
  • B- Opening page
  • C- 2-columns
  • D- 3-columns
  • E- Order page

To change the names, right-click on each one and select Master/Parent Options. Write whatever you want in the Name field.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can Ctrl (Cmd) + Shift click on a Parent (or old name Master) page object to override it onto the current document page and then edit it. If you waant more than one page to have the same new text, make a new Parent page based on A, then overide the object there and edit, then apply the new Parent where you need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines