• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change Text Direction

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

someone posted the paragraph setting where I could switch between the direction of the text (when using Arabic)... but I don't see that option in my paragraph Panel.  I can expand and see "Adobe world-ready paragraph composer" but not the short cut shown...  is there a way to get this option?

Thank you.

Screen Shot 2021-06-26 at 5.50.34 PM.png

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the "Apps" section of the Preferences of your Creative Cloud app, you can choose a "default language." You can select English/Arabic or English/Hebrew here and reinstall InDesign; either language will get you an English interface with right-to-left formatting tools. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. If I do this can I keep English as my default language. I really can’t read any Arabic and so don’t want to mess myself up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can you turn off your email signature if replying by email - your personal info is showing up on a public forum.

------------

You can't install two separate versions of InDesign, you used to be able to. But I don't know why it changed, I'm also 99% sure I was able to do it before.

But you can install InDesign 2021 English version, and the ME version say of 2020 - that way you keep 2 separate versions of InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you have installed your Language, in my Case German, I change the CC App language to Hebrew or Arabic, then I install InDesign (or other programs) again, then I change back to German I have InDesign running in my original language and added functionality of Arabic or Hebres. There is no need to uninstall. The Arabic or Hebrew functionality is added via additional plugins in the App Folder. 

Here an example for German with RTL versions installed together.

Textpanel.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, not 2 separate versions. 1 version with additional plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Middle Eastern version that can fully support the Arabic Language has English menus not Arabic… see below

ME_English-interface.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can have any language version, not only English.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines