Change text font of an imported Procreate file

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a book created on Procreate. The book naturally contains layers with images and layers with text. If I export the book to InDesign, using PDF or PSD, can I edit the text on InDesign? (Font size, type etc)?

Thank you!

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short answer, No.

Even if Procreate could export an editable text layer in a PSD file (while it would be your best format choice; I see no evidence of editable text being possible, but you can certainly try one), you still can't do anything with that in InDesign. You would need to work with it in Photoshop, or better yet, abandon having text in your Procreate files altogether and recreate it in InDesign and overlay it on your Procreate-d background images.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is not possible to edit text or anything in a PDF placed in InDesign.

You might want to try Affinity Publisher.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines