• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing Font Color from black to white

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone - brand new to everything with Adobe. I have a file in InDeisng with boxes I created and text within them. I am creating a flow chart. I need two versions. One with a blackbackgorund and white boxes and text. I have followed the tuturials to change the font but I cannot seem to get it to be seen when I change the background to black. But again I am brand new this. Can someone help a newbie? 

Thanks Meg! 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can help here.

1. Get your Type tool and change the color of the text from [Black] to [Paper]. That makes the text "disappear" into the white background of the text frame.
  2. Then you need to get your Arrow/Selection tool, select the frame with the "disappeared" text and change its fill to [Black]. When the background of the text frame turns black, you'll be able to see the reversed text inside it.

While you can do this in either order, I find it's a lot easier to select the text in the frame first and change it, because when you first change the frame background color it's a lot harder to find where the text actually is. If you change the text color first, it's easy to then select the frame and change its color and get the results you're looking for.

How do I know this? Because I've messed up this way before. Then, I figured out how to fix it. So don't feel like you're not good at this; a lot of us have learned how to use InDesign by error, then trials and travails to fix the problem.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines