Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Changing page size without moving any content - Did NOT touch Adjust Layout - Liquid Layout OFF

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I went to Document Setup to change the size of the page, but my content does not stay in place no matter what I do. I'm using InDesign 2021. It's not responding as it should.

I followed the steps:

Change the size of all the pages without modifying the content

1. Choose File > Document Setup.
  2. Change the values for Width and Height. This changes the dimensions of all the pages in the document, but the text frames and images don’t change to fit the new page dimensions.

Except after step 2, objects move.

I did not touch Adjust Layout. I have turned off Liquid Layout.

I tried locking every single thing in the document and it still moves.

Is this a glitch?!

TOPICS
Bug, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another approach might be to go to the left or right master page and use the page tool AND click on the reference dot system before changing the page size. For left page, you might want to click the upper right corner reference dot system, and for a right hand page, you might want to click on the upper lefthand reference dot system.

Mike Witherell

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

—Is this a glitch?!

When you change the Width and Height in Document Setup the page items keep their relationship to the spine for facing page documents and remain centered for non-facing page documents:

Screen Shot 21.pngScreen Shot 22.png

If you want to anchor the page items to a specific Reference Point you can use the Transform Panel and Pages tool to pin the items as Mike suggests. Here I have two pages selected in the Pages panel with the Transform Reference Point set t0 UpperLeft:

Screen Shot 23.pngScreen Shot 24.png

Reference Point set to CenterLeft

Screen Shot 25.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines