• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Chapter of InDesign Book Corrupted When Exporting to PDF

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working in an InDesign book with 10 chapters. I always open up the book first then the chapter to make edits. Today I wrote one of the chapters, created a PDF of just that chapter.  Then went back in to make final edits, saved them, and then exported just the chapter to PDF (with the book open) and experienced a failure. It overroad the PDF so it cannot be opened. My computer is now trying to recover the chapter and I have had no success.  I have tried to open the chapter outside of the book on a different computer on my work network - to no avail. I downloaded the file from our work server tonight at home (wondering if the network connection may have caused a problem in the hangup of the PDF exporting) and I can't open the file. It gives me an error message to try and recover, which just spools forever. I saved the file with a new name and still can't open.  Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Hi,

There are multiple factors both internal and external to InDesign application that can lead to document corruption. However, I can take a look and see if the file can be repaired. Please email your InDesign file to corrupt_indesign_docs@adobe.com and I will take a look at the document.

If the file is larger than 10 Mb, you can zip (and password protect) the file and upload to Creative Cloud account (or Dropbox) and send us the document link.

Regards,

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There are multiple factors both internal and external to InDesign application that can lead to document corruption. However, I can take a look and see if the file can be repaired. Please email your InDesign file to corrupt_indesign_docs@adobe.com and I will take a look at the document.

If the file is larger than 10 Mb, you can zip (and password protect) the file and upload to Creative Cloud account (or Dropbox) and send us the document link.

Regards,

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We had lots of crashes while exporting PDFs from a Book, and discovered that the problem was in links. There were Text Anchor links between different files in the Book. At one point, we replaced some of the files in the Book. However, the Text Anchor links were still pointing to the old files that were no longer part of the book, and causing the PDF to hang. However, once we were able to cancel the PDF creation (or Force Quit from InDesign), we were able to reopen the problematic file.

This may not resolve your problem, but perhaps it will be the resolution for another user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines