• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Style error, it vanished from all old document

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the list of character styles has disappeared from all the documents I've created in the past. Basically, I have to recreate each style and assign it again to the right text. What could be the problem? Can this data be retrieved? How do I make sure it doesn't happen again? Thanks in advance to those who will help me. 

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ileanamarcu,

styles will not vanish without your intervention; or the intervention from others.

Do you still have some of the old documents that are not modified since the last time you did changes in layout or editing text and not deleting any styles?

If yes you can load all styles from the old documents. Even from old IDML files.

See into the corresponding menu command for Load Styles or Load All Styles in the Paragraph Styles panel or the Character Styles panel.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe,

I just checked documents that I haven't even opened in a long time, but to modify them. The list of characters style no longer appears.
I tried to Load Character Style, the list of styles appears, but nothing happens.
And when I open the base document (the last change was in 2020),  no character styles listed.
Regards,
Ileana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to load the styles from another file. I think the files were corrupted.

Thank you! 

Br,

Ileana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I tried to Load Character Style, the list of styles appears, but nothing happens."

Hi Ileana,

what exactly does this mean?

You are seeing paragraph and character styles you can import and nothing happens if you do so?

Please share a screenshot of the All Text Styles import panel where you can see the styles you want to load from an old InDesign document.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines