• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Choosing the best Creative Cloud Tool for a project

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Due to acquisition, our website/staff directory has been taken down. What is the best Creative Cloud tool to create a staff directory file/weblink with photos and short bios?  Original thought was to create in InDesign, then export to PDF and link thumbnail to full photo and bio - but hoping for something easier to update/maintain.   I am not a designer, but fairly familiar with InDesign/Photoshop - I have played around in most of the Creative Suite tools - but no deep technical expertise.

TOPICS
EPUB , How to , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

If you know InDesign and Photoshop and you don't want to create a website, you could easily create an attractive staff directory with images and links to emails etc in InDesign and export it to Publish Online and you can then circulate the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I agree with Derek's suggestion of using Adobe InDesign. I'd also recommend you to check Nancy O'Shea's response to this community post.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this information is to be viewed on the web then a website is what you need. I'm a Wordpress fan but there are other ways to build a website that are fairly straightforward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you know InDesign and Photoshop and you don't want to create a website, you could easily create an attractive staff directory with images and links to emails etc in InDesign and export it to Publish Online and you can then circulate the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I agree with Derek's suggestion of using Adobe InDesign. I'd also recommend you to check Nancy O'Shea's response to this community post.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all - I am comfortable in ID and publishing pdf online, so will go this route. 

I apologize - I did search the community, but did not find Nancy O;Shea's suggestion.

Appreciate the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Note - Publish online is HTML5, it is not PDF. You can though, enable it so users can download a (static) PDF version of the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file you dreamed of can be found on this page, copy-paste this URL in Google Translate:

https://www.abracadabrapdf.net/ressources-et-tutos/js-et-formulaires-ressources/dupliquer-dynamiquem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you won't needs to have your own site:

1. https://portfolio.adobe.com/ 
  2. https://www.behance.net/
  3. https://www.adobe.com/express/

If you need to publish on your site then ask your web-programer to do this on his chosen WEB-CMS. If you don't wanna hire now web-programer then do your own site in Adobe Dreamweaver. 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines