New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I download

AdobeLimitedAccessRepairTool.dmg
AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.dmg

compatible with Mac OS 10.8?

My payments are up-to-date but I keep getting the "Renew Your Subscription" error message, so nothing will load.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I am afraid macOS 10.8 is not compatible with any of the supported Adobe application. Would you mind sharing which version of Adobe apps you've installed on your machine?

I'd recommend using latest(supported) system configuration to use the Adobe applications. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, but 10.8 could not possibly allow anyone to be up to date with anything. I also suspect this has nothing to do with InDesign so please give us more detail on exactly what you want to do and we can point you in the right direction...if there is one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To: Bob Levine & Ashutosh MIshra

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I was using the following apps:

Acrobat Pro Version 11.0.13

InDesign CS6 Version 8.0.0.370

Photoshop CS6 Version 13.0.0

They worked perfectly with OS 10.8 for almost a decade.

When I re-booted the machine recently, all were cleared from memory and the "Renew Your Subscription" message appeared. Nothing has downloaded from the server since.

I'm guessing that the best solution is to repeat what I did 10 years ago and buy a new Mac with the latest OS for page layout work and keep the old one for entertainment. I presume that Adobe Suite is compatible with OS 11 & OS 12 ???

Thanks for your advice,

David M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are most certainly NOT compatible. They won't even install.

Now, let's back up...if you want to continue with what you have, you'll need to find out why you're being prompted for a subscription when you should be prompted for a serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, sorry that my knowledge is so woeful. The latest advice from another user is that I need TLS 1 2 to connect to Creative Cloud . . . which OS 10.8 does not support. Is that your understanding?

In the meantime, I'm still trying to track down cleaner tools that work in 10.8.

If all else fails, would you recommend upgrading to OS 10.15 Catalina, which my publisher is using without any problem?

Thanks in advance

David M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 can either be a serial install or the first Creative Cloud subscription. Unless it has changed recently (I don't think it has), if one installs the software with a serial number but depending on how one updates the software, settings can change. 

If one enters a serial number and updates the software through the program itself, it stays serialized; however, if one updates the software with the Creative Cloud, the serialized version becomes part of the Creative Cloud subscription. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused: When you say your payments are up to date, what have you been paying for if all you had was an old CS Suite?

When you go to your Adobe accounts page, what does it have listed under your Plans and Payments?

If your intent is to reinstall your existing apps on your old system, if you had registered your CS6 Suite, you should be able to download the CS6 installer from your Adobe account page (your existing serial will be there too). 

As for the cleaner tools, have you tried the current ones and they won't run?

I have a valid link to the older CreativeSuiteCleanerTool if you need it.

What Mac are you using with 10.8?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your helpful replies. My publisher has a multi-user licence which I'm hooked into. If we shouldn't be paying for CS6 anymore, why not? Should we claim a refund?

Yes, I have tried the current cleaner tools. They will not run on 10.8 (apparently, they need 10.9 and above). So, yes, please, if you have older versions, I'd like to try those.

Regards

David M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines