Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Management issue from InDesign to Acrobat

Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What is the correct setup to export PDF from Indesign without altering the images color?

I have sRGB images imported to Indesign. The images color is correctly displayed in working environment ( at least images looks like they have been adjusted in Lighroom, same with Bridge..). However when I export the Indesign document in to PDF the color are completely saturated. 

Does anyone have any recomandation regarding the correct setup? 

Thanks.

 

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Thanks Rob, I finally found the answer. All color settings were actually correct, I mean embedded profile as you mentioned above etc.

The issue is coming from a Security Preference in Acrobat under Windows.

"Enable Protected Mode at startup" has to be disabled, then restart Acrobat. Colors display is fine now.  

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/colors-are-much-too-saturated-in-acrobat/td-p/12531063

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm that your pictures are all CMYK, using the same colour settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My pictures are all RGB. only for display not for print. Exported from Lightroom to sRGB. They look correct in Lightroom, Bridge and Indesign environment, same when displayed in Chrome.

They are oversaturated only after exporting from InDesign to PDF..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My pictures are all RGB. only for display not for print.

Then don’t use a print Export preset, and export all color converting to profiled sRGB. Try this Output setting:

Screen Shot 23.pngScreen Shot 24.png

Also, there’s never a reason to set your RGB CM Policy to Off. You want your InDesign document to have an RGB profile assigned, otherwise document RGB colors will change appearance depending on what ever the current Color Settings’ RGB Working Space happens to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, really appreciate your help.. but still have the issue. See attached

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also the Color Management Policy gets saved with the document, so changing the policy in Color Settings would not affect existing documents.

And, it looks like you are getting a CMYK simulation in Acrobat when Output Preview is closed. Check your Acrobat Page Display>Use Overprint Preview Preference and set it to Never

Screen Shot 31.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Step 1:

sRGB-color-mgt-01.png

Step 2:

sRGB-color-mgt-02.png

Step 3:

sRGB-color-mgt-03.png

Step 4: (You might need to turn off Sandbox in Advanced Security in Acrobat)

sRGB-color-mgt-04.png

Step 5:

sRGB-color-mgt-05.png

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I double check and the color seetings are well synchronized. All my RGB working space are sRGB IEC61966-2.1, Conversion Options is set to Adobe ACE..

But still have the oversaturated PDF. I guess it's coming form the inDesign export setting, although I tried all the possible settings with the same oversaturated result..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using a modified High Quality Print preset, is the PDF’s destination for print?

If that’s the case set your Color Settings’ Policies to Preserve Embedded (don’t set your RGB Policy to Off), always work with Overprint Preview turned on, and Export to the PDF/X-4 preset. In AcrobatPro view with Output Preview turned on. In most cases your Transparency Blend Space should be set to CMYK for print destinations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am using modified High Quality preset, but the destination is for screen. Overprint preview in In design is correct, colors are exactly the same than into Bridge, Lightroom and Photoshop. After exporting the PDF, if I open it in Photoshop the colors are correct. Only when displayed in Acrobat the color are oversaturated.

So I gues the issue might be in Acrobat display environment, although I double checked and the Working spaces are the same than in other Adobe app. Don't know what to do... Maybe an issue related to Windows color profile..actually I realised that the "Photos" app from windows that allows to display images in the browser, displays the same oversaturated color than in Acrobat.

I am surprised no one got this issue before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but the destination is for screen

You left the Color Conversion as No Color Conversion, so there’s no Destination.

If you use the High Quality Print preset with a document that has no assigned RGB profile (your Off RGB Policy), all placed images will have their embedded profiles ignored, and both the images and native RGB colors will get exported as DeviceRGB (no profile).

Your Profile Inclusion Policy is set to the preset’s default Include Tagged Source Profiles, but because of the Off RGB CM Policy there are no profiles to include.

If you want to ensure that sRGB color displays correctly in Acrobat you need to include profiles, which is what the preset I’m showing does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rob, I finally found the answer. All color settings were actually correct, I mean embedded profile as you mentioned above etc.

The issue is coming from a Security Preference in Acrobat under Windows.

"Enable Protected Mode at startup" has to be disabled, then restart Acrobat. Colors display is fine now.  

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/colors-are-much-too-saturated-in-acrobat/td-p/125...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines