• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Settings in InDesign 2022

Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had to update to InDesign 2022 and when I open the doc the colors are darker and more saturated. I've played with all the settings I've seen on this Support Community but nothing is working. Has anyone solved this?! Weird thing is that in the Libraries, the color looks correct, but not in the swatch or the document. It's telling me these 2 colors are the same when they are not...

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird thing is that in the Libraries, the color looks correct

Hi @ashley13021 , How did you add the swatches to your CC Library? Are they a CMYK defined theme from the Adobe Color website?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added them manually via the swatches - we have brand color codes - and then did "add fill color" to library

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you hover over the Library Swatch do the CMYK values match the values showing for the fill on the ID page in Separation Preview?

The CC Library panel isn’t color managed, so if you save a swatch to the Library and then apply it to a document with a different CMYK profile assigned the preview won’t match but the values will:

Screen Shot 10.png

The difference you are showing makes it seem like more than a profile mismatch. Can you show a screen capture of your document’s Assign Profiles dialog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just spent over an hour on the phone with Adobe and them virtually joining my screen and they couldn't figure it out. Sounds like a new bug. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do the document and Library values match?

Did they have you save the doc out as an IDML? Have you tried clearing your Caches and Preference folders?

If that doesn’t work can you share the file and the Library?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines