• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color settings in InDesign (profile or policy mismatch) - help!

Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently worked with a printer who walked me through some steps to set my InDesign color settings the way they "needed to be" for printing that project. Ever since, I receive these error messages every time I open a document:

Screen Shot 2021-09-24 at 1.07.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-24 at 1.07.37 PM.png

My issue is that I design both for digital and print, and need to be able to work in both RGB and CMYK. Is there a way to restore InDesign to its original color settings to avoid these error messages?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. You may reset the preferences of the Adobe InDesign by following this help article(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/using/setting-preferences.html).

Additionally, you may check out the suggestions given on this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/profile-or-policy-mismatch-dialog-box-question/t...) about color profile.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently worked with a printer who walked me through some steps to set my InDesign color settings the way they "needed to be" for printing that project. Ever since, I receive these error messages every time I open a document

Before you go to the trouble of resetting your preferences read through the thread @Ashutosh_Mishra linked to.

It’s worth clarifying that it is the checked Ask When Opening checkbox that display’s the mismatch dialog—if you uncheck the Ask When boxes you won’t get the warning. However, the Color Settings dialog doesn’t normally affect an existing document’s profiles and policies—for existing documents you have to use Edit>Assign Profiles... to change the document’s color profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can also do this, open Adobe Bridge, go to the edit menu, click on 'Colour settings' and change it to 'North America General Purpose 2'. This will synchronize your colour settings acros all your Adobe applications, i.e Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop etc. This setting puts your colour setinfs back to 'sRGB' for RGB settings and 'U.S. Web Coated (SWOP)v2' for CMYK, and you shouldn't get those warnings when you open your old docs anymore. Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines