• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colors inconsistent gpu / cpu preview, especially after connecting second display

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having extreme difficulty setting a colour scheme for a client since my colours keep going oversaturated / desaturated while switching between CPU / GPU preview. The colours shown are defined in CMYK. The blending space is RGB. 

I'm working on a 14" M1 Macbook. The second display is Dell 2720Q.
Indesign is updated to the latest version.

The problem is not consistent, sometimes CPU / GPU switch produces no difference,
sometimes it is very striking, like in the screenshots.

thanks!Screenshot 2022-08-30 at 10.12.01.pngScreenshot 2022-08-30 at 10.12.07.png
TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. We'll need to test this so, please share a few more details like:

1. The exact version of InDesign & macOS.
  2. Is this only happening on the external monitor or on the primary screen as well(without any external display connected).
  3. Please share a screenshot of the monitor color profile.
  4. Does this happen always on every file or on a specific file only?

We're here to help, just need more details.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rishabh,

I'm using Monterey 12.5.1 (21G83). Indesign is 17.4.

I have been encountering similar problems on and off. Yesterday when I came home (meaning I have disconnected from external display 4 hours priori), after about an hour of usage, colors suddenly desaturated.

I am attaching a screenshot of Macbook display. Secondary display color profile was set to monitor, I have changed it to sRGB but didnt't help.

Since then I have created a new file without pasting any old elements and have not been experiencing problems.

I do A LOT of glitches working in Indesing, attaching a dramatic example, usually its white lines over artboard.

They are even more common on my other, 13inch M1 laptop. There I often expeirence textbox turning blank.

Thanks!

Screenshot 2022-08-30 at 20.47.02.pngScreenshot 2022-08-14 at 17.39.49.png 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rishabh,

any news about this topic? After creating a new file, the problem returned upon connecting the the external monitor,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rishabh,

Any news? I'm attaching a screen recording from today in Adobe Illustrator,

showing colors going wild just from me moving my mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. Have you happened to find a solution? There seem to be plenty of threads where people outline this exact issue but adobe never has an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Jesse5F92 Unfortunatly no soultion has been found so far. I am having sessions with Adobe Support, but they seem to be as confused as I am.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The colours shown are defined in CMYK. The blending space is RGB.

Hi @Zoran232233835iuy 

Is this for Print? Do you have the problem with Overprint Preview turned on? Does it happen the same way on both monitors. Have you tried turning off GPU Performance in ID’s Preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @rob day 

It's a WIP file, I'm designing a visual identity and am in the process of defining colors. I prefer to set them in CMYK to be on the safe side, but sometimes switch to RGB if some color needs a bit more life. 

I think the secondary monitor usually kickstarts the problem. The other day, I had normal colors and consistency when switching from CPU / GPU / Overprint (apart from RGB washout, but that's normal). When I plugged in secondary display and pulled Indesign to it, saturation went up 20%. Then I pulled it back to Macbook primary monitor, it destaturated. After repeating this, I fullscreened Indesign on primary, colors matched secondary (so cca +20% saturation). Then I pulled it up again, to secondary, and colors went +40% saturation. I know it sounds crazy — I'm crazy with it. It does not happen outside Adobe CC.

Have not tried turing off GPU completly, I will give it a try, altough when not experiencing problems, GPU seems much smoother so I would prefer to be able to use it.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines