• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colors of objects and text boxes keep resetting

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with InDesign CC (v. 16.4) and every time I set a color of an object, it keeps resetting. But only if I just slightly change the color.

For example: I want several text boxes and polygons to have the color #d5c281.

As I was exporting the document as PDF I noticed that some objects looked slightly different, so I went back in and looked at the hex code. It wasn't #d5c281 but something like #d6c383 so I changed it to #d5c281. But as soon as I opened the color settings again it was back to #d6c383. I don't know why? When drastically changing the color to something like #8f7d47 for example, it works but when I try to get it to #d5c281 it doesn't.

Why can't I change it to a specific color? It's also not just one object but several. I want all of them to have the same color but InDesign won't let me.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version of ID, OS?

Just this object? All OBjects?

Only this file? New Files too?

How about if you paste the object into a new file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More questions:

Is there transparency on the problematic page(s)?

Is your Transparency Blend Space set to CMYK?

Using hexidecimal to specify your colors is okay if the output target is RGB, but if PDF export will ultimately result in conversion, the colors will change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hex is an RGB notation, but it looks like you are creating an HSB color. If you put your cursor in one of the RGB value fields the button will change to Add RGB Swatch. Does that make a difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screen Shot 1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines