• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colour issues

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a very strange issue with the rendering of an RGB red colour in InDesign.

I have screengrabbed a red colour I want to replicate in InDesign…

Usually I drag / drop and eyedropper.

I have transparency blend space set to RGB and colour management at Europe General Purpose.

But exactly the same colour (same hex and rgb values) is rendering (and outputting) washed-out in InDesign.

I don't have any transparencies on the page.

The same rgb colour renders fine when in rgb Photoshop.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Screenshot 2022-10-07 at 08.58.35.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @stephenk5037702 , that can happen if the PNG’s embedded profile conflicts with the document’s assigned profile—Edit>Assign Profiles... (not Color Settings>RGB Working Space):

Screen Shot 38.png

If I override the PNG’s embedded profile to match the document profile I get a match (Object>Image Color Settings...):

Screen Shot 39.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, thank you for this Rob

If I switch to the Display P3 profile that seems to resolve the issue with the reds, however the vibrancy in other colours has been increased (beyond the same images viewed online in Chrome)

Is there an RGB profile that matches the same output as viewing online / in Chrome?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there an RGB profile that matches the same output as viewing online / in Chrome?

Yes sRGB.

If your document was set up using the Europe General Purpose Color Settings preset, the InDesign document’s assigned profile would be sRGB. If you want to sample the PNG RGB color’s appearance and values in InDesign, open the PNG in Photoshop, use Edit>Convert to Profile... with the Destination set to sRGB and resave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines