• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Columns not aligning

New Here ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have trouble with the columns not aligning. See picture. "Balance collumns" and "align top" is checked of in the upper panel. The "vertical justification" in the text frame options is aligned to top. I'm using some different character and paragraph styles, with the leading is set to the same number. I have a hunch that the different styles might be a part of the problem.. 

Tips or help? Everything is appreciated.

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check if this setting in the text frame option is the same for your 2 columns.

Capture d’écran 2023-05-16 à 14.25.31.png

But why don't you use a 2 columns frame instead of 2 single columns frames? And I suggest you to align the body text on the baseline grid to ensure a perfect alignment between the 2 columns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it's the paragraph styles, although, potentially some could be snapped to a baseline grid and not others. Check that and compare Object > Text Frame Options. Is the first baseline offset different between the two frames? Does one have a baseline grid defined but the other doesn't? I need to go open my InDesignn class, but happy to take a look at the file if you are still struggling with it later today.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @torahesthammer ,

I am following up on this issue. Have the suggestions shared above helped? If not, you can also check this similar discussion. Feel free to update the discussion if you need further assistance.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines