• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Combining multiple InDesign documents

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have organized an InDesign CC book with multiple chapters. The publisher needs a single InDesign file.  When I try to combine the multiple chapters using the Pages> Move command all the text frames and imbeded objects are resized. How do I stop that from happening. I've done this before without any problems.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this day and age, native files ae usually a nono, so why is the Publisher not asking for PDFs?

(sorry, rhetorical question)

Anywayyyyy:

When you moves pages from one document to another, the incoming pages will use whatever settings, be it master pages, text and object styles, etc. of the document you are moving them into. There must be such a mismatch happening here.

Sometimes there's a warning (e.g. if the size of the pages is different), but usually, not.

Combing Chapter files like this is usually the job of a Book setup, but I know this doesn't help you in the request you've had.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with RoaringMouse

A lot of the time it's due to a page mismatch in sizes. Where someone has resized a page using the Page Tool.

Or another similar method.

And there is another issue if styles are based on basic styles this goes for Table/Paragraph/Character/Objects/ etc. any Styles

https://creativepro.com/beware-basic-styles/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines