Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Complex indexing with multiple information layers

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,
I am creating an index for a report based on the GRI standards. Since I am relatively new to the field of complex content indexes, I need some help.

Within a chapter, I need to identify if a headline with the coding "GRI-(number)" is mentioned. These need to be listed in the index under the headline, as well as the page number range of the chapter. (See sceenshot. I hope it is explained understandably). Inside the index, the GRIs and page numbers should also link to the specific area. 

Report-page.pngReport-index.png

So far I have created this manually, but since everything must also be linked correctly, an automated solution would be the better one. Can this be solved with Indesign? I have already searched for scripts and external programs, but have not found a fitting solution. 

TOPICS
How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi@elenah6831578 ,

I would look into Marc Autret's script IndexMatic:

https://www.indiscripts.com/category/projects/IndexMatic

Don't know if it will fit your needs, but there is a free trial version and a PDF manual.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Professional )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Laubender 

thank you for the suggestion. I tried the script, but I'm not quite sure it fits the task at hand 100%. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines