Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Computer freezing with Adobe CC products

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the last few days (during a particularly crazy project time--of course), my computer has been freezing up when using (so far) InDesign, Photoshop and Acrobat Pro. I've had to do hard and soft reboots several times--including about 6 reboots in the span of about 30 minutes today. Please help. I use CC 2021 products on a Windows PC (all updates to date made).

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021
An application cannot freeze the entire system unless there's something seriously wrong. Whether it's a bad driver, bad RAM or something else, I don't know. While it may be the CC apps exposing it's not the CC apps causing it.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your computer specs?

1. Hard drive space
  2. RAM
  3. Graphics Card

As it's happening with all apps

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An application cannot freeze the entire system unless there's something seriously wrong. Whether it's a bad driver, bad RAM or something else, I don't know.

While it may be the CC apps exposing it's not the CC apps causing it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all for your insights. I was in the middle of a crisis project and didn't fully have time to explore--just kept rebooting. Yes, I believe that Bob is right, that it was not caused by the Adobe products (nor Windows, nor a conflict between the two). I now believe, after further investigation, that it was a graphics card problem. I also realized that my computer was five years old and likely failing. So I've purchased a new computer and will start afresh! 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Bob says, this sounds a lot like a hardware problem, hard drive or RAM, but I've also seen cases where extremely large files cause problems for ID, particularly on a system with minimum resources. One of the main things that can cause such file bloat is pasting graphics instead of placing (linking).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines