• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Constant Crashing Since V16.2.1

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems as though every time I try to save my work, InDesign crashes, which means I am either losing half my work or a whole document. I save regularly as a habit so I am literally losing hours of creating and recreating documents. I've gotten to the point where I try to export to PDF before I save so I don't lose everything but NOW it's crashing when I export. I can't take this wasted productivity. I am on a deadline and need to be able to rely on this program to get thousands of pages created. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but not yet reverted to the previous version. Before I do that, I just wanted to see if anyone could help me figure out this problem so I don't keep wasting hours on this. Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience with the app. Would you mind sharing the version of the OS? Are you using Apple Silicon device? Do you see this behavior while working on a specific file? Also, let us know if you save your document on a network device/external drive or local drive. This information would help us assist you accordingly.

I'd recommend you to try the suggestions given on this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behavior-of-indesign...) & let us know if they help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm on Big Sur 11.4. I am not using a Silicon device. I see the behavior in every file that I work on - but it can be random. I save everything on an external hard drive - and I am guessing you will tell me this is the problem. However, I have been saving to this hard drive for the past two years and have had no problems until these past few weeks. I have 1.34TB of available space on my external drive and 765GB of space on my hard drive.

I didn't find anything that could help me on that link, though I did check to see if Time Machine was creating extra backups, which  it is not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines